Keto Pumpkin Cheese Muffins in Cast Iron Pot
You might have heard the hype of people trying out the Keto diet. Indeed, adopting a diet is a change in eating habits and a lifestyle change, even for a few weeks. This healthy change will not just affect the body, but you will also feel the energy rushing through your body and how fresh you will feel.
Honestly, another thing that helps a lot in healthy eating is portion control. Yes, you can easily calculate your calories intake by the food portion you have. If you are living in a family and have cooked meals for three to four people, the chances are your portion size might not be ideal for a healthy body.
We have heard many people either say there are not many delicious foods for keto or any diet or cooking in the pots makes them have leftovers and a significant portion of food. Well, if you are thinking the same, then you have come to the right place. Today we are going to talk about the very special recipe that will become your favorite breakfast and even dessert. We are talking about the delicious Pumpkin Cheese Muffins.
Also, we have some incredible kitchen gear recommendations that will help you cook to perfection with the ideal portion. No waste, no leftovers, and of course, no overeating. So why wait, tell, dig into the deliciousness we have for you today.
Keto Pumpkin Cheese Muffins
The Keto pumpkin cheese muffins are a delicious spin on the typical pumpkin muffin with a cheese topping. It is soft and moist that will literally melt in your mouth. Indeed, it will become the star for the fall season, and what can be the best way to celebrate pumpkin anyways.
Not to mention, we have a keto-based recipe that is gluten-free, sugar-free, and of course, guilt-free too. It will not ruin your hardworking of mentioning the diet and will always cure your cravings and sweet tooth any time of the day.
Best Tools for baking Pumpkin Cheese Muffins
Baking is all about perfect measurements and ingredients, but it may take more than that. We are talking about the bakeware and cookware too. Cooking and baking are more like art, and you need proper tools for them.
You may bake these muffins in cupcake tins, but you may end up eating all of them by the end of the day. Therefore, we have a perfect solution that will become ideal for portion control and baking too. We are talking about the RJ Legend Mini Cast Iron Pots. These enameled personal cast iron pots have a capacity of 8.5 ounces and are so convenient to have for personal cooking. They come in sets of two or three with a beautiful range of colors and not to forget, and it is all made from high-quality cast iron. Indeed, it is a perfect choice for cooking and baking in small portions without handling the large pots you have.
Here are the main ingredients that you will need to make the perfect Pumpkin cheese muffins:
Almond Flour: It is the gluten-free base of the muffins. It gives body to the muffins and helps in carrying the flavors too.
Coconut Flour: It is also a gluten-free addition to the base. It gives the muffin texture.
Butter: It adds fat content to the muffin so that they are moist and soft.
Granulated sweetener: It sweetens the muffin. Feel free to use any sweetener of your choice.
Egg: It is a levitating agent and helps in stabilizing the batter.
Coconut or Almond milk: It helps in getting the desired consistency of the muffin batter.
Pumpkin puree: It is the main flavoring for the muffins. The puree also makes the muffin soft and gives it a distinct yet delicious pumpkin flavor.
Vanilla: It elevates the flavors in the muffin. Moreover, it is a perfect pair for sweet flavors.
Pumpkin spice: It adds in an extra kick of fall season flavors. If you are out of it, then you must know that it is 1 part cinnamon, half part nutmeg, and half part ginger. You can make your own pumpkin spice now too.
Baking soda: it is a levitating agent. It helps the muffins to rise.
Salt: it elevates the flavor of the muffin.
Cream cheese: it is the base of the cheese filling or topping.
Powdered sweetener: it is to flavor the cheese filling.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
For Pumpkin Muffin
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Coconut or Almond milk
- ½ cup Pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
For Cheese Filling
- 1/3 cup Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Powdered sweetener or Swerve
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven at 350-degree F.
- Prepare your 2 RJ Legend Mini Cast Iron Pots by greasing with butter or any cooking spray.
For Cheese Filling
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese and gradually add sweeteners and fold until well combined.
- Add vanilla and fold the cheese mixture.
- Set the mixture aside.
For Pumpkin Muffin
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sweetener until the butter is fluffy.
- Add egg to the mixture and whisk well until the mixture is pale.
- Now add pumpkin puree, vanilla, salt, and milk. Fold until well combined.
- Whisk in the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, and pumpkin spice. Mix well until incorporated.
- Now pour the batter into the RJ Legend Mini Cast Iron Pots equally.
- Scoop the cheese filling and pour with over the muffin batter equally. Spread it out with the help of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350-degree F. Check after 15 minutes with a toothpick if the muffin is cooked. If yes and the top is browning, cover the pot with a lid and bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let the muffins rest in the pot for 10 minutes, and then take them out over the cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Christine Yu