This Saint Patrick day’s brunch, give yourself and your guests a treat with heartwarming Hot spinach Artichoke dip!
Planning your menu for Saint Patrick's day's brunch? How about use add hot spinach artichoke dip to the menu? It is not only because of the green spinach but also because it is hearty, creamy, and insanely delicious. You won't be able to keep your hands of it. Literally!
What Is Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip?
Hot spinach artichoke dip is a delicious, super-rich, and utterly satisfying dup that is made from spinach and artichoke hearts. The base of this dip is made from cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream with a blend of two kinds of cheese. The dip is finished by baking in the oven to get the cheeses melted. As a result, you get a dip that is utterly satisfying and oozing with stringy and gooey cheese.
The dish is extremely popular and is a must with different snacks, chips, and bread slices. It is especially popular and widely consumed on game day, movie night, or brunch.
Also, because it has a greenish color, you can make it on Saint Patrick’s Day as a token of good luck!
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip: Texture Profile
You get layers of texture from the spinach artichoke dip. It has a cheesy, gooey, creamy, mild heavenly texture that everyone loves. Then as you dig deep into the dip, you experience a change of texture. The surface of the dip might seem golden brown due to the baking, but as you dig into it and scoop it out, you can clearly see the strings of mozzarella cheese.
You can choose to keep the texture smooth and creamy or gooey and stringy. If you like the stringy texture, you can add more mozzarella cheese. However, if you don't like it, you can increase the quantity of parmesan. Either way, this dip is hearty, rich with depth of flavors with the creaminess from the cheese and well as from the artichokes.
This dip is heavenly and pure pleasure for everyone. Whether you eat it hot or cold, there is nothing you won’t like about this dip!
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip: Ingredients’ Profile
You don't need a lot of ingredients for the hot spinach artichoke dip. Most of the ingredients are always available in the pantry, and those that are not are easily available at the grocery store. Here is everything you need for this delicious dip:
- Artichokes: you can buy canned artichoke hearts. However, you can use pre-marinated ones as well. Artichokes are one of the main elements of the dish and have a nutty flavor.
- Spinach: It is the other main element of this dip. You can either use fresh or frozen spinach. If you are using frozen, make sure you thaw it to get rid of the excess water. If you are using fresh, make sure it is cooked and cooled.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese sets the base for the dip. It has a cheesy flavor and a smooth, creamy texture.
- Sour cream: sour cream adds a sour flavor to the dip.
- Mayonnaise: mayonnaise gives the dip a dept of flavors and gives it richness.
- Cheese: Parmesan and mozzarella cheese are responsible for the gooey texture of the dip. They bring in flavor, texture, and depth that makes everyone fall in love with this dip.
- Seasonings: Although I have used freshly ground black pepper and salt but you can use other spices as well.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip: Utensils’ Profile
The reason I adore this recipe is that it doesn’t need any fancy utensils. You need only three things for this recipe. i.e.:
- A glass bowl
- A rubber spatula
- A baking dish
Talking about the baking dish, although you can use any non-stick dish for the purpose, but I recommend you use the RJ Legend Mini Iron cast pot. This mini-iron kitchen gadget set is perfect for baking. It is made of premium quality that doesn't let the heat escape from the pot. So, the heat within the pot is distributed evenly. As a result, you get an evenly golden-brown crust with a gooey and cheesy center. A perfect texture to enjoy your snacks!
You can either bake a large iron cast pot or use a mini-iron cast pot for small servings. Either way, the RJ Legend's kitchen gadget set gives you a variety of serving options.
Tips for Perfect Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Although making hot spinach artichoke dip is pretty elementary, here are a few things you need to remember to get perfect results:
- If you are using canned artichoke hearts, make sure you drain excess water from them. Leaving water behind will ruin the texture and flavor of the dip.
- If you are using frozen spinach, make sure it is thawed completely. Again, you need to remove excess water from it. You can press it between the fingers or place it between paper towels to get rid of excess water.
- If you are using fresh spinach, never add it raw to the dip mixture. First, you have to cook it to get rid of excess water and cool it down. Only then can you add it to the mixture.
- You can prepare this dip in advance and store it in the refrigerator. So that when you have guests over, you can bake it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. However, make sure you cover it with clingfilm before placing it in the oven.
- If you are adding in vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, etc., make sure they are cooked as well so that you don't have any w=excess water or moisture in the dip.
What to Serve with Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip?
Hot spinach artichoke dip is perfect for a game day, a brunch, or on saint Patrick day (thanks to its green color). It is a versatile dip. So, you can serve it with several dishes. Here are a few ideas for you to try:
- Vegetable sticks: For those who love eating vegetable sticks like a fresh carrot stick, celery stick, and even bell pepper sticks, this dip is a perfect condiment.
- Chips: think about pretzel chips, tortilla chips, and even pita chips. This hearty dip is a perfect thing to complement these.
- Bread: Toasted slices of baguette or breadsticks; the choice is yours. The result will be delicious.
How to Store Hot Artichoke Dip?
Storing artichoke dip is pretty simple. You can place the leftover dip in an airtight oven and store it in the refrigerator. It will last for up to five days. However, make sure you don't put the hot dip in the refrigerator. Wait till it is completely cool. Otherwise, the dip will go stale.
Most people ask whether you can store the dip in the freezer or not. I don't recommend you freeze it. That's because the dip is made essentially from dairy ingredients. As you freeze them, there are chances that these ingredients will separate or curdle.
Also, you can reheat the dip either in the microwave or in the oven.
Although the recipe mentioned below is a perfectly balanced and super delicious one, you can also add a few additional things to this dip to give it your flair. Here are a few things you can do:
- Spices: you can bring in more flavors into the dip by adding a few extra spices. for instance, you can add dried oregano, basil, or thyme. Furthermore, to add in heat, add paprika or cayenne powder.
- Vegetables: if you want to add more texture and color to the dip, try adding a few vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, onions, or even mushrooms. However, make sure they are finely chopped and thoroughly cooked or roasted. Otherwise, the moisture in them will ruin the dip.
- Meat: Although artichokes and spinach work perfectly, you can also add a few additional meaty items. For instance, add shredded chicken, chopped bacon bits, or even Italian sausages.
- Flavorings: Want some more flavors in the dip? Add olives or sun-dried tomatoes. The flavors will be on spot, and it will be quite unique from the traditional flavor.
Easy hot spinach artichoke dip recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
½ cup cream cheese softened
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp mayonnaise
½ tsp minced garlic
¼ + 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ tsp black pepper
1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, black pepper, shredded parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Drain excess water from artichokes and spinach. Add both ingredients into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spray the iron cast baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in a preheated oven at 350-degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese melts.